Introduction

Hello everyone, 

My name is Angela, yet a majority of my closest friends call me "Ang" or some variation of the name. Currently, I am a junior at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Unless I am at work or studying, you can find me at the local rock climbing gym or spending time with my friends.


Here is an artwork that I absolutely adore. It is the baptism of Chirst painted by Alessadro Magnasco. This work was probably created between 1600s-1700s. The immense detail alone is mesmerizing. I was able to see this peice in person at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.. Pictured below is myself at the National Gallery of Art. 


Impressively, I took AP art in high school though I never officially turned in my portfolio. My extended family is talented artistically in various forms. I love following along with their journeys and seeing their art. Something I have always enjoyed is strolling through art museums but am bummed that there is a lack of such here in Alaska. 

A website I enjoy visiting when is the one created by the National Gallery of Art. The articles on exhibtions are enjoyable to read. 

National Gallery of Art Website


Comments

  1. cool introduction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washington D. C. is such a great place to go for art lovers. It is also a great place is you love good food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ang, I love this introduction! I don't think I've seen this painting by Alessadro Magnasco before, stunning. I'm excited to be in this class with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ang, awesome introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ang! Thank you for sharing your passion for art. How does one place into an AP art class? Is it based on previous work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely!! Thank you for sharing. :) Sorry, I accidentally commented above from my husbands account. Face palm. haha. I hope to go to DC one day! Love the art images you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ang! It's so cool that your family are super artsy. I also like strolling through museums, it can be any kind. It was nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts